Long Term Care Insurance Planning
Planning for long term care is an easy thing to put off. Maybe you think it is too early,
or maybe you just don’t want to think about it. If you suffer a major health crisis that
leaves you dependent on someone else you’ll be glad you planned ahead.
WITH A LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE PLAN
- You have a professional to plan for your care at home providing all types of services related to your particular illness, injury or condition.
- Your family can be part of the care plan, but they will not have to be the planning experts.
- You will have the money to pay for long term care without having to deplete the family nest egg for your care.
- Your loved ones can carry on a more normal life.
- Less friction between family members. One family member won’t be stuck with the responsibility of care giving.
WITHOUT A LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE PLAN
- You will have to use up a large portion of your assets and income to pay for the care you need.
- Family members have busy lives and they may not be able to keep you in their home and provide for your care.
- The biggest reason for financial failure among seniors today is the cost of long-term care.
- Family members often resent one or the other for not doing their part when a parent needs help.
Protect 100 percent of your assets using 1 percent of your resources
America’s elderly population—those people age 65 or older—now exceeds 40 million. More than half of those seniors will need some type of professional care. There is a common misconception that health insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid will pay for professional care if the need arises. The fact is, they don’t cover long-term care. The reality is that your own savings and assets will most likely be needed to cover these kinds of expenses. When you consider that the average two- to three-year stay in a nursing home can cost as much as $360,000 it’s easy to see how quickly your savings and assets could be depleted.
- Are you prepared to handle the financial implications if you or your spouse becomes ill, disabled or requires professional care?
- If you had a long -term care event yesterday, what would your bank account look like today?
Go to www.lesltc.com for a quick LTC insurance quote or upcoming educational workshops
Call Les Robinson CLTC 1-800-875-0140